Dubai Tourism partners with hotel groups to launch Futurism Programme
Applications can be submitted until 31 July 2019
Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism) has launched the third edition of the Futurism Programme, an entrepreneurial platform for technology start-ups worldwide.
Aimed at creating innovative tourism experiences, the third edition is being held in collaboration with professional services company, Accenture.
Commenting on the launch of the 2019 Futurism Programme, Tourism Development & Investments, Dubai Tourism executive director Yousuf Lootah said: “In line with the Dubai 10X initiative launched by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to develop path-breaking strategies and projects that will put Dubai 10 years ahead of other world cities, the Futurism Programme helps to cement the emirate’s position as the regional technology hub for start-ups looking to progress and succeed in their fields.”
“We are thrilled to collaborate with Dubai Tourism to co-create a programme that brings together start-ups and disruptive technologies from around the world to push the tourism industry forward," said Accenture Middle East & Turkey products' operating group lead Norberto Cibien.
The 2019 Futurism Programme invites entrepreneurs to submit their applications by 31 July 2019. With the goal of contributing towards transforming tourism experiences, the start-ups will showcase technological innovation with solutions to help drive the following Futurism themes:
● Hyper personalisation - Using consumer insights through data analytics to personalise visitor experiences
● Connected travel - Offering end to end seamless traveller experiences by blurring the boundaries between aviation, hospitality and destination services
● Digitising operations - Using robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and machine learning to optimise industry operations such as inventory, payments, reservation, workforce management
● First choice destination – To engage travellers from around the world to make Dubai their destination of choice
● Conscious travel - Using technology and innovation to support sustainable travel as part of Dubai’s Sustainable Tourism Programme
● ‘Phygital’ experience - technology that will see the convergence of the physical and digital touchpoints in the tourist journey to create unified experiences and improve customer engagement
A judging panel comprising leading technology experts, Dubai Tourism’s senior leadership and its partners across the industry, will select the top 10 start-ups from all entries submitted into the process.
Dubai Tourism will announce the winning start-up and a runner-up, who stand to win a prize totalling AED 100,000 ($27,229) as the initial start-up capital. In addition to licensing, the winner will receive relevant visas in Dubai, office space and the opportunity to secure potential future funding.