Tatjana Ahmed sweeps Housekeeper of the Year at the Hotelier Awards
The highly commended nominee was Ismail Rusaik, InterContinental Jeddah
The Housekeeper of the Year at the 15th Hotelier Middle East Awards went to Tatjana Ahmed, Grand Hyatt Dubai.
Ahmed stood out from the pack due to the fact that she constantly works on reinventing the housekeeping department in order to stay relevant and set new trends. She is committed to continuously learning about new cleaning equipment and techniques, infection control as well trends in the wider hospitality industry.
Commenting on the keys to her success, Ahmed said: “Staying on top of things, educating yourself all the time. There are so many new things coming up all the time – technologies, new work techniques. You must be on the ball and you must be well-informed about what’s new.”
When asked about the issues she is most concerned with, Ahmed replied: “Technology, technology, technology.”
Highly commended in this category was Ismail Rusaik from InterContinental Jeddah.
The award was presented by Alp Aksoy, vice president for Diversey.
The other shortlisted nominees in the category were:
• Anil Kumar Katru, Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
• Asif Khatri, Hilton Dubai Jumeirah and Hilton Dubai The Walk
• Christine Saldanha, Crowne Plaza Dubai
• Haytham Al Hassan, Al Ahsa InterContinental Hotel, Al Ahsa
• Kasun Eranga Hewa Dewage, Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Fujairah
• Mohamed Hassan, TRYP by Wyndham Dubai
• Sangeeta Suryawamshi, Crowne Plaza and Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island
• Sheeja Sasidharan, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek Dubai