Taj Dubai sales person hits her target at Hotelier Awards
Highly commended in the Sales Person of the Year category was Haidar Dabaeen of InterContinental Muscat
The Sales Person of the Year at the 15th Hotelier Middle East Awards went to Rabia Shaheen from Taj Dubai.
The judges won over by Shaheen’s ability to nurture client relationships through innovative ideas and delivering results above clients’ expectations. They described her initiatives as “out of the box,” noting that they do not quit until they deliver the required results, and have achieved impressive revenue growth last year. She won because she is not simply an asset to overall sales, but is also helpful in other areas of the company, such as leading training modules and promoting green initiatives within the hotel.
Shaheen commented on her win saying: “Taj Dubai has really transformed me to the person I am today and I think to be recognised for this award is great…. What I have achieved has been through the support of my team, it all goes to the team.”
Highly commended in this category was Haidar Dabaeen of InterContinental Muscat.
The award was presented by Seyar Shunnar, business development manager of GM (Chevrolet).
Other shorlisted candidates in the category included:
• Amjad Mohammad, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City
• Azel Castillo Casianan, Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
• Mahmoud Saad, Bab Al Qasr Hotel and Residence, Abu Dhabi
• Mohammed Qaraqish, Media One, Dubai
• Mohammed Sharaf, Accor Makkah
• Salim Abdullah AlShukairi, Crowne Plaza Sohar
• Swatti Khanna Das, Crowne Plaza Bahrain
• Tofayel Ahmed, InterContinental Jeddah