Grand Hyatt Dubai’s early achiever is crowned at the Hotelier Awards
The highly commended nominee in the Young Hotelier of the Year category was Grecia Kreis, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai.
The Young Hotelier of the Year at the 15th Hotelier Middle East Awards went to Moritz Frings of Grand Hyatt Dubai.
Frings won because he achieved record-breaking years leading the leisure team in his hotel, always prioritising growth within the team, by providing both guidance and expertise in a field where he excelled. The judges noted his creativity and out of the box thinking as key factors contributing to his win, and were impressed with his attempts to challenge, motivate and empower his team.
Frings commented on his win on the sidelines of the awards: “Being a young hotelier means to be empowered. I’ve always been empowered, throughout my career. That’s why I believe I’m here today.”
“The key is always to continue learning and to continue to better myself. And that does not only mean to learn from my leaders, but also to learn from my team, which is what I do on a daily basis. I listen to what they have to say, and I try to empower them to become young leaders.”
Highly commended in this category was Grecia Kreis, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai.
The award was presented by Charizma Osite, brand manager of San Pelegrino and Aqua Panna at Bid Food.
Other shortlisted candidates in the category were:
• Akshay Bajaj, FIVE Palm Jumeriah, Dubai
• Anita Strother, Zabeel House Al Seef, Zabeel House MINI & Al Seef Heritage Hotel
• Haitham Heyasat, InterContinental Abu Dhabi
• Hassan Shah, Crystal Plaza Hotel, Sharjah
• Kilian Bucher, Hyatt Regency Riyadh Olaya, Riyadh
• Marko Milojevic, Taj Dubai
• Mira Yamout, Millennium Hotels & Resorts Middle East
• Shrey Grover, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Dubai