Lynsdale receives IT Person of the Year prize at Hotelier Awards 2018
The judges felt Lynsdale successfully implemented a much-needed hyper converged infrastructure project
The winner of the IT Person of the year was Anthony Lynsdale from Atlantis The Palm.
The judges felt Lynsdale successfully implemented a much-needed hyper converged infrastructure project, moving Atlantis from a physical to a virtual server infrastructure.
He also secured Atlantis, The Palm’s positioning as the first hotel in the UAE to implement cashless solution, Blockchain into its point of sale system, in aid of enhancing the guest experience. With 3,000 colleagues and thousands of daily guests to cater IT services to, Lynsdale’s leadership and effectiveness was something the judges were very impressed with.
The highly commended nominee in this category was Binosh Moothedan from Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Dubai Corporate Office.
The nominees were:
- Fadi Al Chami, IT & Recreation Manager, Crowne Plaza Sohar
- Keith L’Esteve, Group IT Director for Fairmont Dubai Ajman and Fujairah
- Ravi Vasnani, Cluster Director of IT, Movenpick Hotel Ibn Battuta Gate
- Roy Chacko, Technology Manager, InterContinental Regency Bahrain
- Vises Kith, Resort Director of Information Technology, Madinat Jumeirah
The award was presented by Andrew Burgess-Head of UGC from Stakla.