InterContinental Riyadh sales person claims a win at Hotelier Awards
Sameh El Shelkami from InterContinental Riyadh won Sales Person of the Year
InterContinental Riyadh senior sales manager Sameh El Shelkami claimed the win in the Sales Person of the Year category at this year’s Hotelier Awards.
El Shelkami won the judges over thanks to his market knowledge, confidence, and original sales strategies which he used to go above and beyond his sales target, despite difficult market conditions in Saudi Arabia.
He told us: “There’s a crisis in Saudi Arabia with the economy and petrol but my sales are still going good. I did a lot of things like selling my hotel at the high rate even during the low season – I believe in my hotel and I believe in my product.”
El Shakami was given his award in front of 400 people at the Le Meridien Dubai Hotel and Conference Centre by award sponsor A. Ronai’s managing director Gavin Dodd.
It was two for two for IHG in this category, with Sarah Christiane Hazim from InterContinental Muscat also taking home the Highly Commended prize.
The top nominees were:
- Ahmad Al Ajam, Sales Manager, InterContinental Al Khobar
- Harpreet Singh Arora, Sales Executive, Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai
- Reinhard Rodriguez, Sales Manager, Bab Al Qasr Hotel & Residences by Millennium
- Saber Merry, Sales Manager, InterContinental Hotel Jeddah
- Saeed Ishaqat, Director of Sales & Marketing, Holiday Inn Amman
- Sahiti Gaddam, Director of Sales & Marketing, Taj Dubai
- Tamer Taha Khalaf, Director of Sales – Business Travel, The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh