Abrams takes home top Marketing and PR accolade at Hotelier Awards
Abrams started her career in hospitality only five years ago as a waitress
Terje Abrams, public relations manager, Fairmont Dubai received the Marketing & PR Person of the Year award at the 14th Hotelier Middle East Awards.
Abrams started her career in hospitality only five years ago as a waitress however the judges noted that her exceptional guest service and noticeably increasing up-selling numbers at the restaurant landed her a promotion only five months into her job.
Her consistent hard work didn’t go unnoticed and when she was given an opportunity to take over the hotel’s public relations department, her diligence and work ethic resulted in the highest media coverage for the property exceeding all KPIs by the end of the year.
Abrams said her win had "nothing to do with luck."
"This is hard work, sleepless nights and 6am's at the office," she added at the sidelines of the Hotelier Awards.
The highly commended nominee in this category went to Jessi Chai, assistant marketing and communications manager, Anantara Al Jabal Al Akhdar Resort.
The other nominees in the category were:
- Ionela Savescu, Public Relations Manager, Palazzo Versace Dubai
- Katerina Dixon, Director of Marketing and Communications, Fairmont The Palm
- Katharina van Beugen-Mayr, Cluster Director of PR & Communications, Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Waterfront / Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Canal View
- Rochelle Martinez, Marketing & Communications Executive, TIME Grand Plaza Hotel
- Sharday Filo, Cluster Marketing Manager Executive, Hilton Hotels, Dubai Cluster
- Vivian Renders, Director of Marketing and Communications, Armani Hotel Dubai
The award was presented by for Sally Whittam, commercial director for Time Out Dubai.