Movenpick's Firas Hasanat walks away with F&B Manager of the Year 2018 award
Hasanat works at the Movenpick Resort Petra
Firas Hasanat, the director of food & beverage from Mövenpick Resort Petra walked away with F&B Manager of the Year 2018 at the Hotelier Middle East Awards.
Hasanat, who began his journey at the hotel in 1997 as a waiter, climbed up the ranks, hopped to captain and finally got promoted to F&B manager five years ago. In February 2018, he was appointed to the role of director of F&B.
Some of Hasanat’s notable achievements include designing the first Jordanian family food programme. The vision of the programme is to collect food recipes from all counties of Jordan to present the local food culture to the visitors coming to see Petra. He also initiated Jordanian cooking classes for the guests.
Hasanat told Hotelier that he plans to use his platform to encourage those who want to get into F&B, whether it is starting of a commis waiter to a manger.
He said: “With proper training, hard work and step by step achievements as well as getting other colleagues to help lead and mentor, I hope to help people grow in the food & beverage industry.”
Hasanat received his award from Mounir El Kurdi, commercial director from Horeca Trade at the ‘Taste of India’ themed affair on October 24, 2018 at the Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre.
The Highly Commended nominee in this category is Marco Rosado for his work at Atlantis, The Palm
- Etienne Haro, executive assistant manager food and beverage, Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah
- Can Ali Selik, F&B manager, Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa.
- Firas Hasanat, director of F&B, Movenpick Resort Petra
- Hemant Shekhawat, F&B manager, Taj Dubai.
- Marco Rosado, director of F&B, Atlantis The Palm
- Farzan Ansari, director of F&B, Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach
- Sabu Joseph, banquet/F&B manager, Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira
- Sreejith Purushan, F&B manager, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek