Trained for success! Grainne Johnston wins HR & Training Person of the Year 2018
The director of human resources took home the prize at the Hotelier Middle East Awards
The Ritz-Carlton Dubai director of human resources Grainne Johnston claimed the award for HR & Training Person of the Year at the Hotelier Middle East Awards 2018.
Up against seven other candidates, it was Johnston’s dedication to the hotel brand that helped her clinch the prize.
She told Hotelier Middle East afterwards: “The hotel doubled in size so we had to do a big recruitment drive to cater for the additional restaurants and rooms.
“Community footprints, our corporate social responsibility program, is about making sure our staff are happy. If our ladies and gents are happy then our guests are happy.”
Johnston was handed the prestigious honour in front of 400 people at the Le Meridien Dubai Hotel and Conference Centre by event sponsor Emaar Hospitality Group's corporate director of human resources Aseem Kapoor.
Jessica Markham, director of talent and culture at Raffles Dubai, was acclaimed as highly commended.
The other nominees are:
- Abdullah Hasanat, Director of Human Resources - Jordan, Movenpick Resorts & Hotels Jordan
- Abdullah Saad Al-Otaiby, Assistant Director of Human Resources, InterContinental Hotel Jeddah
- Ghaith Dalati, Director of Talent and Culture, Pullman Dubai Creek City Centre
- Kaustav Sen, Director of Human Resources and Training, Crowne Plaza & Staybridge Suites Abu Dhabi Yas Island
- Nalinrat Rattanajit, Director of Learning & Development, Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa
- Samah Magrahby, Learning & Development Manager, Crowne Plaza Sohar