'Toxic farm-strength insecticide sprayed' in Egypt hotel where couple found dead
Recent reports suggest that the ventilation system could have been a contributing factor to their deaths
Toxic farm-strength insecticide was sprayed in the room next to where a British couple were found dead in an Egypt hotel, according to reports.
The Steigenberger Aqua Magic in Egypt is under investigation by the Red Sea Governor's office after the authorities confirmed there was an unusual smell in their hotel room.
John Cooper, 69, and his wife Susan, 64, died after being taken ill while staying in the Red Sea resort of Hurghada. An initial statement from the Red Sea provincial governor’s office, entitled “normal death of an English old man and his wife”, said both had died of heart failure.
Recent reports suggest that the ventilation system could have been a contributing factor to their deaths.
The room next to where the couple were staying was fumigated with the powerful insecticide "lambda-Cyhalothrin 5 per cent" just hours before they fell ill, the Times reported.