Hilton Garden Inn asks foodies, travellers to vote for new additions to its dining menu
The most popular selections in each category will be added to the menu
Hilton Garden Inn and Food Network have launched a nationwide vote to determine the most delicious new items to be featured on the hotel brand’s on-trend dining menu.
Hilton Garden Inn is calling upon foodies, fans and fellow travellers to vote on 11 specially created contenders in the categories of small plates, handcrafted cocktails and sweet treats. And after all the ballots are cast, the most popular selections in each category will be added to the menu.
The campaign kicked off on Wednesday evening on Summer Squad Live, a Food Network Facebook Live event starring celebrity chef Dan Churchill, host of Genius Kitchen’s Feast with Friends. From Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East, Chef Churchill revealed a few of the offerings vying for a place on the menu.
“I enjoyed making and sampling a few of the savory new menu items created by Hilton Garden Inn on Summer Squad Live,” said Churchill. “When you’re traveling, it’s nice to know you can wind down at your hotel with a refreshing beverage, an appetizing small plate, or a delicious sweet. I’ve picked my favorites and can’t wait to see what the voters choose.”
Later this summer, award-winning actress, director and author, Judy Greer, will join Chef Churchill to announce the winning menu items.
“Through the “Sophisticated Bites” program, we’re tapping fans, travelers and a savvy audience of foodies to help us continue to delight guests with delicious, fun and inventive menu items they will want to enjoy again and again,” said John Greenleaf, global head, Hilton Garden Inn. “We are committed to offering guests the simple things that matter, and what better way to give our guests what they want than to let them decide?”
Those who cast a vote at www.foodnetwork.com/sophisticatedbites will automatically be entered in the “Sophisticated Bites” Sweepstakes – with three grand prize winners chosen at random for a free, seven-night stay at any one of Hilton Garden Inn's more than 775 global locations. Voting is open May 23, 2018 through June 4, 2018, and consumers may vote once each day. Please see the website to vote, and for official rules and regulations.
The selection of dishes and cocktails on the ballot include:
- Deviled Egg Toast: Deviled egg spread, crushed hard-boiled egg, everything seasoning, dill and smoked paprika on toasted whole-grain artisan bread
- Sticky Finger Ribs: Low and slow baby back ribs, whiskey-soy barbecue sauce, crispy onion and scallions
- Chipotle BLT Flatbread: Chipotle red sauce, fresh tomato and zesty-ranch dressed romaine atop Hilton Garden Inn’s signature flatbread
- Korean BBQ Bao Tacos: Bulgogi beef ribeye, kimchi, cilantro, chili-garlic sauce in steamed bao buns
- Minty Mule: Grey Goose Vodka, lime juice, mint leaves and ginger ale
- Colada Shiver: Cruzan Aged Light Rum, lime juice, piña colada mix, topped with club soda
- Cherry Blossom: Hornitos Reposado Tequila, lime juice, grapefruit juice and grenadine
- Bittersweet Rum & Coke: Cruzan Light Rum, lime juice, aromatic bitters and Mexican Coke
- Mason Jar Chocolate Fudge Cake: Layers of rich chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce
- Berry Cobbler: Seasonal berries and cobbler crust topped with vanilla bean whipped cream
- Skillet Everything Cookie: Chocolate chunks, pretzels, toasted peanuts and butterscotch chips served with vanilla ice cream
As part of a comprehensive brand refresh, which rolled out globally in 2017, Hilton Garden Inn focused heavily on dining updates as well as new hotel prototypes for each region of the world and brand culture enhancements.