Here's what was on the menu at the Royal Wedding lunch reception
According to the Kensington Palace press release, the guests were served a variety of canapés and selection of bowl food choices
The Queen pulled out all the stops at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, now, the Duchess of Sussex wedding lunch reception. The event that was hosted by her had around 7,500 items of food prepared by a team of 25 chefs.
According to the Kensington Palace press release, the guests were served a variety of canapés and selection of bowl food choices including fricassee of free-range chicken with morel mushrooms and young leeks, pea and mint risotto with pea shoots, truffle oil and parmesan crisps and 10-hour slow-roasted meat with apple compote and crackling.
As for the drinks, guests were served Pol Roger Brut Reserve non vintage Champagne, a selection of wines and a range of soft drinks, including an apple and elderflower mocktail, made with the same elderflower syrup used in the couple's wedding cake, and Sandringham Cox's apple juice.
The Palace also added that around 7,500 items of food were prepared by a team of 25 chefs, led by royal chef Mark Flanagan. All the ingredients for the reception food were sourced from Royal Warrant holding companies.
The wedding cake was also a big hit on social media with the palace tweeting out the ingredients used to bake it.
The wedding cake is to be served at the Reception. It was designed by Claire Ptak and features elderflower syrup made at The Queen’s residence in Sandringham from the estate’s own elderflower trees, as well as a light sponge cake uniquely formulated for the couple. #royalwedding pic.twitter.com/kt5lE4tEn9
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) May 19, 2018
Guests were served a selection of canapés which included:
- Scottish Langoustines wrapped in Smoked Salmon with Citrus Crème Fraiche
- Grilled English Asparagus wrapped in Cumbrian Ham
- Garden Pea Panna Cotta with Quail Eggs and Lemon Verbena
- Heritage Tomato and Basil Tartare with Balsamic Pearls
- Poached Free Range Chicken bound in a Lightly Spiced Yoghurt with Roasted Apricot
- Croquette of Confit Windsor Lamb, Roasted Vegetables and Shallot Jam
- Warm Asparagus Spears with Mozzarella and Sun-Blush Tomatoes
Royal Wedding guests were also served a selection of bowl food, including:
- Fricassee of Free Range Chicken with Morel Mushrooms and Young Leeks
- Pea and Mint Risotto with Pea Shoots, Truffle Oil and Parmesan Crisps
- Ten Hour Slow Roasted meat with Apple Compote and Crackling
Sweet canapés to be served included:
- Champagne and Pistachio Macaroons
- Orange Crème Brûlée Tartlets
- Miniature Rhubarb Crumble Tartlets