Hit song 'Despacito' sends 45% more travellers to Puerto Rico
How do they do it down in Puerto Rico?
Summer hit song Despacito has been playing non-stop on the radio for the last few months but according to a recent statement from Hotels.com, the song is not just making its mark on the worldwide music charts. The website revealed that since the song launched on April 17, searches for the Caribbean island are up more than 45%.
The Despacito remix, by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber, is inspiring tourists and travel junkies to see ‘how they do it down in Puerto Rico’.
Isabelle Pinson, vice president, EMEA at Hotels.com brand said in a statement: "Puerto Rico has long been a vacation destination but to many travelers it is still pretty unknown. We know popular culture has a strong influence on our travel decisions and as Puerto Rico is the home of singers Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee, and gets a big shout out in their hit song, it seems to be encouraging more people to explore this great destination."
Here are the top five recommendations by Hotels.com:
1. Condado Vanderbilt Hotel in San Juan – This 5-star beachfront resort is situated in San Juan’s bustling Condado area.
2. Hotel El Convento in San Juan – This luxury boutique hotel in the centre of Old Town San Juan sits right next to the beautiful Cathedral.
3. Las Casitas Village, A Waldorf Astoria Resort in Fajardo – This secluded retreat features a cluster of private villas. It also has its own private island and water park, a golf course and spa.
4. The Ritz Carlton, San Juan in Isla Verde - Located on the beaches in Isla Verde, this 5-star hotel features a swimming pool overlooking the beach, a spa, and a casino.
5. The Dreamcatcher in San Juan – The Dreamcatcher is the only vegetarian hotel in San Juan.