EAHM has change in leadership, searches for new MD
As MD Ron Hilvert moves on to a new venture, EAHM seeks someone new for its top slot
Ron Hilvert is leaving his post as managing director for Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, leaving EAHM recruiting for a new MD.
Former Hoteler Middle East Awards judge Hilvert will be heading off to the Philippines on a new venture after a long stint with the well-known hospitality academy.
The main purpose of the role is to lead the development and implementation of long-term academic and operational strategies across all areas of The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management in order to provide world-class education and professional training, achieve operational excellence and ensure financial sustainability, thus positioning EAHM as a key player in the global hospitality management education sector.
Key duties include:
• To collaborate with the Group Chief Human Capital Officer, CEO Group Operations and the Board of Governors by leading the development of EAHM’s long-term academic and marketing strategies, based on its vision and mission as well as on market intelligence
• Oversee and direct the Management of EAHM’s local and international accreditations and ensure that EAHM remains compliant with the legal and licensing requirements of the UAE for an Institute of Higher Education.
• Lead the efforts to increase and diversify institutional revenue streams through the pro-active participation in marketing efforts and the pursuit of industry partnerships
• Lead the development and implementation of all teaching-related processes, encompassing the design and administration of academic programs, the definition of teaching loads and class sizes, the implementation of accreditation cycles etc. in order to ensure that the EAHM offers world-class education to its students.
• Develop and maintain long-term mutually beneficial relationships with key external stakeholder, such as the Ministry of Education, the Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (EHL) and other relevant international institutions to ensure that the Academy is supported by a strong network to achieve its strategic goals.
• Manage the Academy staff and teams by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence and motivated work environment while continuing to deploy resources effectively for growth and further strengthening the employee value proposition.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of EAHM policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of the colleges activity so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements and standards are fulfilled while ensuring that Jumeirah Group delivers world class services, excellence and innovation.
In order to be considered for this role, candidates need 12 years’ experience leading at senior levels in a prominent hospitality management education institution, chair or academic department.
The ideal candidate will have a Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
They must also have a strong and known reputation within the hospitality industry and an extensive external network of key contacts with institutional and private hospitality education institutions globally.