Shangri-La recruiting new director of engineering
The new director of engineering must be people-focused and perfection-driven to manage engineering at three properties
Shangri-La Abu Dhabi Hotel is searching for a new multi-unit director of engineering to manage three properties in the Qaryat Al Beri beach complex.
The ideal candidate must be driven by fastidious with an engaging team approach and exceptional people management skills and will report directly to the general manager.
The main responsibilities for the post are:
• overall supervision, leadership and direction of engineering division
• maintaining the entire grounds and Hotels, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment
• ensuring the upkeep of guest areas and guestroom quality in line with the Shangri-La’s luxury image.
• maintaining effective energy management/conservation and preventive maintenance programs maintaining the island’s power plant, water desalination plant and waste treatment plant.
The best candidate will also need to demonstrate a solid understanding of budgeting and P&L, cost control and Human Resources processes and procedures, including training and staff engagement.
Essential requirements for the right person are:
• Experience in the same or similar capacity of a luxury hotel group
• Engineering qualifications at degree level or above – Preferably Mechanical
• Exceptional communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
• Stakeholder management and working with owners
• Capex preparation and planning
• Exceptional ability to build long-lasting relationships with clients and colleagues
• Relevant experience in quality driven environment
• Strong foundation in fire, life & safety processes and procedures
• Strong knowledge in ISO standards, procedures and certification (i.e. ISO 14001)
• Natural ability to anticipate internal and external guests’ needs
• Excellent knowledge and experience in the industrial concern
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
• Consistent record of team development
• Experience in Landscaping
You can apply for the role here: here