People who inspire me: Minor Hotel CEO
Dillip Rajakarier reveals who most inspires him in his career
1. Bill Heinecke, chairman and CEO Minor International: Bill is a true entrepreneur. He inspires people and he gets what he wants. He has also experienced lots of ups and downs in Thailand and with Minor and comes out even stronger every time. His passion drives me, his leadership inspires me and his commitment makes me run at speed beyond any speedometer.
2. Jack Welch: He was a no-nonsense business man who believed that every component of the company had to contribute to the bottom line in a positive manner. I see similarities here at MINT.
3. Sir Richard Branson: He is a deal maker and has been a great inspiration over the years. He also has a great understanding of PR! I was lucky enough to meet Sir Richard whilst I was doing the deal with Virgin Group in 2002.
4. Steve Jobs: I hugely admire him in terms of his vision and great innovative marketing, one of a kind. Can you imagine life without Apple?
5. My Team: Whether I’m in the corporate office in Bangkok or travelling around our hotels and resorts across Asia and the Middle East, our associates never fail on a daily basis to inspire me. They are the people who make our company and our hotels so special — I am successful because of them.