Top 10 Middle East restaurants named
Finalists for Caterer's Restaurant of the Year award announced
The standard of restaurants competing to be in the shortlist for the Caterer Middle East Awards 2011 was incredibly high, but the region’s top 10 restaurants can finally be named.
The award goes beyond recognising the quality of service, food and overall consumer dining experience to also acknowledge exceptional business performances over the last 12 months.
The positive growth demonstrated by these finalists has not been all about finances though. These 10 restaurants have overcome obstacles and demonstrated exemplary best practice in the many areas of running a successful restaurant.
Achievements include: staff progression, menu development, innovative measures to promote cost-efficiency during the downturn, clever marketing drives, reduced staff turnover, increasing covers and building an admirable repeat customer base.
While nominations were open to all restaurants in the Middle East that have been operational for one year or more, the majority received were from restaurants located in the vast and dynamic UAE F&B market, and this is reflected in the number of Dubai and Abu Dhabi restaurants which made it onto the shortlist.
Regardless of location, each eligible nomination was judged on its individual merits and the nominations were painstakingly whittled down to these top 10 entries by the ITP business hospitality team.
Now it is up to a panel of independent judges to assess the nominations and cast their own votes for the top three nominees, discussing each nomination in depth and agreeing on a winner which will be announced at the September 7 ceremony in Dubai.
You can find out more about the Caterer Middle East Awards 2011 here, or click through to the next 10 pages to uncover the finalists.
• Al Hadheerah Desert Restaurant, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai
• Aquara Restaurant, Dubai Marina Yacht Club
• Bussola Restaurant, The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi
• Cavalli Club, Restaurant and Lounge, Fairmont Dubai
• Il Villaggio Restaurant & Lounges, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
• Mango Tree, Souk Al Bahar, Downtown Burj Khalifa, Dubai
• Okku Dubai, The Monarch Dubai
• Ruth's Chris Steak House, The Monarch Dubai
• The Globe, Al Faisaliah Hotel, a Rosewood Hotel, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• The Meat Company, Souk Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi