Top tips to go green this world environment day
Jo Ella Moore, the general manager of TRYP by Wyndham Dubai shares a few tips on going green
TRYP by Wyndham Dubai is one of the properties that is working on reducing the impact hotels have on the environment. Ahead of world environment day on June 5, Jo Ella Moore, the general manager of the property, shares a few tips on going green.
1. It’s all about reducing your waste. When you go shopping, try and take your own bags with you to help with the reduction of plastic bags. Try and live without one plastic bag for one week.
2. Whether it is a hotel, business or home, remember to close your curtains when the sun is shining, to ensure you reduce the AC consumption. Close doors for unoccupied rooms and turn off all the lights, especially when no one is in the room.
3. Look at your shower and see whether you can install an aerator, this will reduce your water consumption by quite a lot.
4. Go back to hard soaps. Liquid soap and its packing are a large consumption of landfills, so switch to natural, hard soap for showers & wash basins as this will ensure there is no waste.
5. Try and remove all permanent or temporary plastic bottles from your life. Simply grab a glass bottle that you can wash and re use daily.