Fire breaks out in world’s tallest hotel in Dubai, leaves three injured
Reports suggested that area around the property was cordoned off by police personnel
A fire that started in the world’s tallest hotel — Gevora Hotel — on Sheikh Zayed, Dubai road on Sunday left three injured.
The Dubai police revealed that the fire started in one of the “upper floors” and when fire fighters reached the spot, the floor was filled with smoke. The reason behind the fire, police revealed, was an electric fault in the sauna room.
The fire was put out before any major damage could occur and officials managed to get all the guests out of the property on time.
According to the police’s online statement, “A fire incident [was reported] at a hotel in Sheikh Zayed Road. When the competent teams reached the spot, [there was] smoke as a result of an electric fault. Three people were injured due to suffocation [caused by the smoke].”
Reports suggested that area around the property was cordoned off after the fire started around 7.40 pm late in the evening.
The Gevora Hotel is a four-star property and is 356 metre (1,167.98 feet) long, with 528 deluxe rooms and suites, five dining experiences and leisure facilities.
Also watch: A sneak peek into the world's tallest hotel.