1. Training and skills development in Cookery and Kitchen Operations;
2. Training that incorporates the following key competencies - collecting, analysing and organising information; planning and organising; working with others; using mathematical ideas and techniques; solving problems and using technology;
3. A specific overview of cookery methods and preparation of food;
4. Basic and advanced skills and knowledge for entry in to and operation within the hospitality industry;
5. Interpersonal skills essential for a successful career in the hospitality industry.