|Company Name:||Etihad Airways|
|Country:||United Arab Emirates|
WHY BE AN IN-FLIGHT CHEF
Take your career to a new height by joining us as an In-flight Chef working in your own exclusive restaurant, the Mezoon Grille, in our Diamond First Class zone. As an award winning airline, we recruit the best qualified senior chefs who have proven experience and a desire to achieve and exceed guest satisfaction. This is your chance to do what you do best whilst flying all over the world.
Working in Diamond First Class, you’ll have the opportunity to oversee and manage all kitchen operations while ensuring that our guests receive impeccable service and quality while they dine.
If you are interested in a chef’s role with a difference, read on and apply now to join our team.
WHAT WE OFFER
Fantastic tax-free salary which is competitive within the industry and reviewed on a regular basis.
Free accommodation in a modern shared fully-furnished apartment, with your own private facilities. Everything is provided for you to ensure that you have a safe, secure and comfortable home in Abu Dhabi.
Etihad transport to take from your accommodation to the airport for your flight duties and then to bring you back home again after your flight.
Access to exclusive state of the art Etihad swimming pools, health clubs and fitness centres at no cost, and reduced rate massage, hairdressing and beauty treatments to keep you looking your best.
Leading airline travel benefits including unlimited personal travel at special rates, an annual leave ticket and generous concessions for family and friends to use.
Excellent free private medical insurance and life/accident insurance.
Annual leave of 30 days.
Genuine advantages for career progression in a fast paced dynamic working environment.
Special discounts at restaurants, shops, hotels and leisure facilities across the United Arab Emirates and the region.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You must exceed our guests' expectations onboard and deliver great service 100% of the time, whilst offering a unique taste of United Arab Emirates hospitality – cultured, considerate, warm and generous. You will oversee and be accountable for the catering loading and food quality in the Diamond First Class zone. As requested, you may also need to participate in duties at the catering centre, in Etihad lounges and at corporate, PR and VIP functions.
MINIMUM CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS
To become one of our award winning In-flight Chefs you will need to meet the following criteria and qualifications:
- Qualified Chef - minimum 4 years as Chef.
- Experience gained must be 4/5 star hotels, fine dining establishments or cruise liners.
- Minimum age 21 years.
- Fluent in English; verbal, written and comprehension. Fluency in another language is an advantage.
- Must be confident in water and be able to swim with the aid of a flotation device.
- Able to reach 210cms without shoes.
- No tattoos that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- No body piercings that would be visible whilst wearing the Etihad uniform, other than one earring in the lower lobe of each ear for females only (bandages and cosmetic coverings are not permitted).
- Educated to a minimum level of accredited secondary education or equivalent.
- Never convicted of a criminal offence.
- Excellent personal presentation, style and image.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to comply with UAE and GCAA visa, medical and health screening requirements.
WORLDWIDE ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE
If you meet all of our criteria and you don't want to miss out on a great career and exciting lifestyle, apply now!
Check the WORLDWIDE ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE section of our Etihad Careers website for details of where and when we will be in the next few months. This is updated on a regular basis.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
If you are coming to an OPEN DAY, print the Registration Form at the bottom of the page, complete it and bring it with you together with a copy of your Current CV, 2 Colour Passport Photographs, 1 Full Length Photograph.