The Caterer Conference 2013 advisory panel came together on Sunday to decide which of the most pressing culinary topics will be addressed at this year’s event, taking place on 25 March at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai.
Chosen for their expertise and influence in driving forward the UAE’s culinary industry, the advisory panel shaping this year’s agenda included:
- Uwe Micheel, Director of Kitchens, Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek President, Emirates Culinary Guild
- Russell Impiazzi, Gourmet Culinary Director, Galleries Lafayette
- Michael Kitts, director of culinary arts, Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management
- Paul Kennedy, Brand Chef, Mango Tree
- Mark Patten, Vice President – Culinary, Atlantis The Palm
- Simon Penhaligen, Director of Restaurant Operations for RMAL Hospitality
- Vasileios Oikonomopoulos, Director of Food and Beverage, Fairmont The Palm
Over lunch on the terrace of Atlantis’ Ronda Locatelli, the seven selected advisory panelists discussed the newest trends and areas of biggest revenue potential in 2013 as well as the existing challenges in staffing, permits, costs and waste reduction.
Up for debate at this year’s conference, the agenda will include staff development and retention, mobile food, entertainment as a food outlet staple, sustainable produce, getting savvy online, licensing, technology and more.
Following the success of the 2012 event - which saw 150-plus food & beverage managers and executive chefs hear from 28 speakers - the Caterer Conference continues to be a must-attend event in the culinary calendar.
Fairmont The Palm’s Vasileios Oikonomopoulos commented: “The Caterer Conference brings professionals together, allows a healthy exchange of ideas that foster creativity and lifts the overall standards in the industry; that is great for both guests and professionals alike.” Mango Tree’s Brand Chef, Paul Kennedy agrees “the conference is an important event in my calendar because it gives all people in the industry a chance to voice opinions and listen to what others have to say.”
Registration for the Caterer Conference 2013 is now open! Food & beverage managers and executive chefs ATTEND FREE.
Click here for more details or contact Sue Lobo on +971 4 444 3877 email@example.com
Limited sponsorship opportunities are available. Please contact Diarmuid O’Malley on +971 4 444 3568 or firstname.lastname@example.org