1. Half-used shampoos from the rooms are used to clean our windows, and give them the best shine and smell.
Annette Damz, Grand Millennium Al Wahda Abu Dhabi
2. We recycle old towels as wiping dusters and recycle half-used toilet rolls in
Prabhat Shukla, Holiday Inn Downtown Kuwait
3. Our linen is organic and unbleached, including fabric used throughout the resort for pillow and daybed covers.
Guillaume de Lasteyrie, Six Senses Zighy Bay, Oman
4. We have stopped using plastic bags in our bins and instead we prefer to use paper underliners.
Sreedhar Suresh, Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort and Spa, Oman
5. We have a dedicated team member to segregate recyclable items, but we are also planning to introduce waste bin containers for plastic, paper, can and solid waste in guest rooms to make it easier.
Joseph Tomas, Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
6. The Radisson Blu Hotel, Media City recycles batteries; has separate bins in the public areas for plastic, glass and paper; an eco-friendly roundabout - watered with re-cycled water from the AC units that is collect in big tanks on the roof; lights are powered by solar panels; plus the hotel chefs have grown a small garden on the roof for producing organic vegetables.
Spokesperson, Radisson Blu Dubai Media City